Welcome to Cookbook Countdown!
A monthly cookbook event starting January 2016.
Cookbook Countdown is a cooking/baking event, co-hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours and Emily of Emily's Cooking (Makan2) Foray. If you are like us, who love to collect cookbooks/cooking magazines and have an overcrowding bookshelf (or bookshelves!), yet most of the books have not been used at all, now is the time to change that. Join us at Cookbook Countdown. How to join in? Here's our flexible and simple rules :
- Select any cookbooks that you've already own.
- You may cook/bake any recipes from those chosen books and as many recipes as you want, for the month.
- You may chose to publish or not to publish the recipes, whichever works for you. Please read the link here as a guideline to Recipe Attribution.
- Posts must be current, mention in your posts, the book that you are cooking/baking from for the month.
- Link your posts to the linky provided. Please mention the following in your posts with a link back to us, "I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown hosted by Kitchen Flavours and Emily's Cooking (Makan2) Foray".
Updated : March 2018
New Challenge at Cookbook Countdown
Addition of monthly themes on top of the regular monthly cookbook countdown!
Starting March 2018, we are introducing a new challenge right here at Cookbook Countdown! Each month, there will be a new theme, to make cooking and baking a little more fun. The monthly themes will be listed on the right side bar (coming soon!) so that you may plan accordingly. To summarize and clear any confusion, you may ;
- link as usual, by cooking or baking from any of your cookbooks, magazines or e-book and link your posts in the monthly linky OR
- join our monthly challenge, cook or bake from any of your cookbooks based on the monthly theme or selected cookbook/chef, and link your posts in the monthly linky OR
- both of the above! Link as many posts as you like! Free and easy! You decide!
That's it! Simple and flexible! Time to get those books off the shelves and join us!